Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Some more FO's and an NO (night out)

These are the hats I made for the twins. I decided to emphasize the MC by knitting four rows between wedges instead of two. I think they turned out cute, and wow, were they a quick knit!



This sock is another from Knitting on the Road. I had to kind of fudge the toe shaping and shhh! (it's knit from Bernat Sox yarn!) I am very pleased with how it came out and look forward to casting on for its mate.
Yeah, I know, not only is it acrylic, but it's an orphan, too. Pity the poor thing, eh?

This is the hat for my best friend's mom. After making seven of these, I now have enough leftovers of Bernat Boa yarn to knit a Muppet! I'm actually brewing up some fun hats for the girls, since I have a nice range of colors now.


In minor celebratory news, I actually get to go out to dinner tonight with no kids! A friend has offered to sit for us, and we are gettin' all dolled up and hittin' the town on a school night! I'm so excited!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I love those hats. Did you have to do much work to size them down for children?

2:44 PM  
Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Just did them single strand in DK yarn on size 6 US needles, made the wedges consist of 11 stripes (I think, should be able to tell from the photo) and left the rest the same. Easy peasy!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com