Friday, September 23, 2005

A Whole Lotta Scarfin' Goin' on!

Well, my first ever time at a knitting group was pretty interesting. The woman who hosts this group had told me that they were "really having fun with all the new novelty yarns." Boy, she wasn't kidding! Garter stitch scarves, drop stitch garter stitch scarves. A whole lotta scarves goin' on and no needles smaller than an 11 in sight. I felt a little odd pulling out the 5's to start swatching. Nonetheless, it was nice to be away from the house for a while and among adults. I did get my swatch done and cast on for Zigzag from last fall's Knitty. No, I'm not using the yarn called for, nor am I doubling the yarn. I live in Southern Colorado, if I made myself a sweater that dense, eyelets or no, I'd never be able to wear it!

Here is the completed back flap.







I also finished my mom's afghan. Please excuse the poor quality of the photo and the back of child's head as she admires Nana's Big Blankie as it has come to be called. It was fun, and surprisingly quick, to knit. I know she will enjoy it.
So, wow! A whole post about knitting. Hmm... This may become a trend. Oh, if you're curious about yarns used for today's photos, you should really know better by now! Let's just say that they have no dye lot and are readily purchased at any non-yarn store (since I have no LYS) that has a yarn section. A-yup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com