Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I Licked all the Houses

But I licked my house best! The siding is, well, okay, it's STILL not done, really, but here is a photo of its lickability.

My photo software still won't load, so no pics of knitting, either finished or otherwise for a while yet. The socks I'm making for DH are on their second incarnation. The lace edging I'm making for my grandma's pillowcases is about 1/4 done, I have one of DH's Fuzzy Feet knit, a pair of mittens (one pair of two, of course, who could those be for?) done and lovingly hand fulled.

The girls are almost completely over their colds, which is good, and I am planning a winterizing trip to Lowe's this weekend (good siding now, but still bad windows!). A further assault on the main floor bathroom is in the works, as well, so I should be pretty busy with life, knitting, and home improvement (or destruction. Depends how you look at it.) The bathroom is currently Out of Order due to a slow leak put in motion by the former owners overtightening of the feed line to the toilet. Drywall was removed, tile was pulled up, and the toilet is sitting in the middle of the laundry room waiting for all the adhesive to be scraped up from the sub-floor and vinyl peel-n-stick to be put down. It will be a mere shadow of its former self (the tile floor was nice), but I'm not about to rent a wet saw and explore the adventurous slopes of DIY tiling, even in a tiny space!

3 Comments:

Blogger klugula said...

House work/decorating, etc, never ends. I'm sure it is worse in an actual house. We only have a condo, so we don't have to deal w/ lawns, shoveling, etc. You have my sympathies. FYI, I personally licked Pooh's parts best.

3:41 PM  
Blogger klugula said...

The photo of your home. I don't know, there's something strange. Ohhh. I see an apparition in your upstairs window. On top of the siding and yard, now you have to call in an exorcist. I told you it never ends. Sheesh.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Oh, if you could only see our Blair Witch basement and feel the chill of our old creepy closets! David is scared of both. Mwa-ha-ha!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com