Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Riding out the S#!* storm...

Ah, old houses. They often come with old trees. Lovely, majestic, towering wonders of nature. Digging their mighty roots into your sewer line, their activity apparently unabaited by any former owners of the property until they insidiously block up said line and it all falls on, you guessed it, the Bitter family! The $340 to auger the line seemed bad enough, but when the guy's equipment got stuck and he couldn't actually completely clear the line, explaining that in order to fix it so it's not something that happens (by it here I mean the back-up) every couple of months or so, will cost $2700! OUCH! The one small giggle I got from this whole fiasco was the DH thinking that the guy meant 27,000. But, really, at this point, once you get beyond a hundred or so, it's all the same to us financially. Which is to say, impossible. We're checking around for second and third opinions and estimates, but this whole mess of sewage issues is hovering over our travel plans for X-Mas like a cloud of, well, sewage. It stinks. I never thought I'd say this, but I f-ing HATE trees! I don't, really, I just hate what this particular tree is doing to my life right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com