Friday, December 09, 2005

Plumbing: 3 the Bitter one: 0

So, I was going about my business, doing my part to get ready for the upcoming trip to Minnesota, cleaning out the fridge, etc. I go into the back room (aka the arctic den of freezitude) and I hear water running. Why do I hear water running? There should be no water running. This is when I notice the lake that is spreading from the useless POS that is supposed to be a 1/2 bath. Burst pipe from our recent cold snap. S#!+ I scream, and $#!+ and $#!+, $#!+, &^*!ing $#!+! I turn the water main completely off and the water keeps spraying violently from the wall. I call the DH at work. He's surprisingly calm (I think this has to do with the new XBox), tells me to call a plumber and he'll be right home. After calling 3 companies, all of whom were booked solid, and the emergency line of the board of water works (yeah, emergencies where you can sit around on hold for ten minutes. Sure.), I finally get someone who can help. Mercifully, he was relatively cheap, and gave us some good advice on how to prevent this from happening again.

~~~~Flashback: Pre-Chez Bitter Purchase~~~~

Former Stupid Homeowner #1: Damn, it's cold in this addition! Maybe because it's not insulated and has no routing from the furnace. Hmm...

FSH #2: Yeah, it sure is cold. Hey, Hon? You know what we should do here?

FSH #1: I sure do!

FSH's 1&2: Put in a bathroom!

FSH #1: What a great idea! It'll be totally unusable when the weather is cold, but think of the resale value!

Indeed. And, yes, Skippy, I know, at least it didn't happen while we were in Minnesota. Things can always be just a little worse, but I need to whine every once in a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger klugula said...

Not to be an ass...well, ok, to be an ass. Did you have this place checked out before you signed on the dotted line? Oy.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Yes, we had an inspection and all that jazz. I think this latest SNAFU had more to do with So. Colorado having its coldest temps in about 12-15 years last week than anything else. Ah, who am I kidding? It's still an assinine place for a bathroom!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com