Monday, January 30, 2006

Everyday Can't Be Your Birthday

But you can pretend! I got my first ever Knitpicks order today and my order from Joann.com came as well! The box from Joann's really cracked me up, as it looked as if it were packed to bursting, which was
really overkill, considering all I had ordered was four sets of circs (2s and 3s) so I can try socks on two circs. Since I'm not sure I'll even like it (and, yes, I'm cheap) I didn't spring for Addis. I got Susan Bates Silverados (ooh, how very cowboy that sounds). We'll see.

Upon seeing the Merino Style in person, I don't think I'll have to double it, but only swatching will tell. If I don't have to double it, then more yarn for me!

(honestly, I don't know how the sock yarn found its way into the box, really!)

Shedir is almost finished despite ripping it off the needles and frogging back 1 1/2 repeats last night due to it getting too long. Getting all those stitches back on the needles took some slick maneuvering, and then it took me a good ten minutes to figure out where the "extra" 16 stitches were coming from. (Hey, it was late!) I took a picture midday during naptime when the light was decent. So, knitting wise, things were great today.

In other news, the girls are both sick. Bad phlegmmy coughs and just general ickiness. We may have to skip the library this week, which would break their hearts, but I don't want to be one of the parents I complained about when I was teaching. You know, the ones who send their sick kids off to school like mini Typhoid Marys? Yeah, that won't be me, if I can help it!

2 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

I cracked up at your Typhoid Mary comment- we have so many of those in our playgroup!! Hope your girls are feeling better and on the mend soon. Yay for Knitpicks! I love your new Sock Garden and Sock Memories. And don't you love how sock yarn always manages to find its way into orders? ;-) I've been meaning to try two sock on two circs this year, so I'll be interested in reading your thoughts on the process when you start. Shedir looks wonderful...take care! :-)

12:57 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Your Shedir is so pretty! And you really have to watch that sock yarn. It tends to jump into my hands at the LYS, and into my KnitPicks order too. But what are you going to do, send it back? No, it clearly needs a home. :)

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com