Thursday, January 19, 2006

My Powers are Beyond Your Comprehension

Powers of procrastination, that is. Remember that Zigzag sweater I swore was "dead to me?" That was headed to that froggy soggy pond? So, it's still (now literally) hanging around. I decided to see if I could pseudo-block it by schpritzing it and letting it fall victim to gravity.
Here it is, on the rack, as it were. It's still lumpy as all get out, but I have learned a couple of things from this experiment. I still really love this sweater. It needs to be made in a natural fiber. And I think I was making the wrong size, as this is far too broad for the intended silhouette of the sweater. (I always think I'm bigger than I am. I should just take my measurements and post them near where I knit. It would save me a lot of baggy sweaters, that's for sure!)



But, lookie here! Isn't the stitch pattern purty? I'm thinking of doing this in Knitpicks Merino Style, either in vanilla or fog. Any opinions? Doubled or no? I really am looking for feedback here, as I have never ordered from them and the thought of spending money sends my heart into mini palpitations, it's been so long. But I have some cash I got for Giftmas, and, hey, why not? The DH has suggested starting a Yarn Savings Account as well. He's starting to get it, I think.

Speaking of opinions, what do you think of this sock?

Ilsa wanted pink socks like her daddy's, so I designed this girlie little shortie sock with eyelet heart. Does it work for you? Yes? No? You could care less? You don't exist? This was the only non-wiggly picture I could get of it on her foot.






5 Comments:

Blogger klugula said...

I wish I could comment with more knowledge of knitting. All I can say it that your pieces look pretty. I'm afraid I'll be no help on patterns or yarn type, etc. Since I've been checking up on your blog; the clown barf purse is my favorite.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

What a cute little foot! I think the sock is darling!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Miss Kalendar said...

Loving the cute little socks!
I just looked at your blog something like two days ago and I swear that your most recent post was the unity socks (also really cool) - you must be quicker than you let on. =)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Mamma said...

That zigzag looks great. I am a huge fan of merino style. I made a sweater earlier this month with it and I love it. I don't think you would have to double it, but you'd have to swatch to be sure. My gauge was 18 st = 4 in on size 9 needles. I don't know about the long term wear of the yarn, but for now it looks great. I had to frog the yarn a bunch of times and it still knit beautifully. I love knitpicks, but be warned the colors aren't super accurate on the webpage. They're more like crayola colors than shown.

That pink sock is really cute too.

5:16 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Love the pink socks! What a cute little foot! And I'm a big Knit Picks fan but haven't knit anything w/ Merino Style yet. I have heard great things about it, and you can't beat their prices!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com