Friday, February 10, 2006

Cleaning Up My Act

So, the socks have been washed and dried. There is still a little shadow of coffee on them, but, oh, well. These things happen. As I said before, at least they're washable. Had I made them from 3 balls of Koigu as the example in KOTR, you would find me today either minus one child, or repeatedly dipping the finished socks in a coffee bath, gently sobbing and hoping against hope that they would "dye" to a nice, even taupe. And lest you fear for my children's safety, it would undoubtedly be the latter scenario.

Since I've finished up quite a bit in the last week or so, I started swatching for Zigzag last night. I was going to post pics of the swatches, single and double yarn, and ask for opinions, but when I tried to double the yarn it became immediately apparant that I mustn't double up with this yarn. It just got too thick. So, that means that I will have plenty of leftover yarn for other projects, since I ordered enough to double.

I am almost on the heel flap for Pomatomus. The stitch pattern is starting to make sense to me now, so I'm not glued to the chart. That makes things go a lot faster.

I find I am itching to cast on for another shawl. Maybe the Flower Basket Shawl? I have a lovely hank of Alpaca Cloud that I won from Knittin' Mom awhile back. I've been keeping her lovely gifts away from the riff raff in the Stash of Shame, so they should not misbehave out of sheer terror when I get to them. This is what she sent, LLSS in Grapevine, Alpaca Cloud in Mist, some candies and an origami bowl kit! My camera software was broken at the time so I'm finally getting around to posting a photo. Thanks again, Chrissy!

10 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

FBS is definitely on my to-knit list for this year, too. I think it'd look wonderful in that Alpaca Cloud from Chrissy! What an awesome package, too. Chrissy's the sweetest! Can't wait to see your Pomatomus- I've bookmarked it, but have been kind of hemming and hawing on it. I think seeing yours might just send me over the edge into that "must have" mindframe! ;-) Take care, Lisa! :-)

12:33 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Glad you like the stuff ;-)! Your New Englands are great, and your coffee stain incident is yet another reason why I am NOT going to knit them in Koigu!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Those are great socks, and the yarn looks yummy.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The socks look really good! I'm glad you were able to get most of the coffee stain out of them.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Tina in Wonderland said...

Your white socks look great!

The coffee stain is just barely visible. Be thankful the kid didn't spill purple grapejuice! That would have been much, much worse.

Pretty Socks

2:31 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

Nice socks - cool pattern. I have started Pomatomus for the Knitting Olympics. So far I have complete Row 10. Not too bad so far. I did find a boo-boo I had made but was easily corrected. I think I was getting too confident that I knew what I was doing and missed a K2tbl. At least I caught it on the next round!

6:02 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Those socks are so incredible! I'm glad you were able to get the coffee out--it's on the part that will, potentially, be in your shoe, though, right? *whew* :)

8:36 PM  
Blogger Lacy Zigzag said...

The socks are beautiful. I am so totally amazed! I am new to the sock world of knitting, but can certainly understand the excitment of knitting them.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm catching up here, and I have to say that those New England socks and the Kiri are absofreakinglutely gorgeous! GORGEOUS! I can't stop!

:)

5:15 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Incredible clean up job and wonderful socks! I love the pattern. Your Kiri is pure gossamer, too.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com