Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Kiri block party

After casting off on Kiri (I now know how glaciers feel, two inches forward, one inch back, and on and on and on...), I had to get the house presentable so I could babysit. Parent teacher conferences are this week and one of the DH's colleagues needed someone to watch her little girl. She's sat for us before, so I figured I'd return the favor. I'm tired. I'm really really tired, but I blocked Kiri anyway whilst watching House.

Here's the rundown in photos:
Preblocking, ready to go!









This angle shows off how bumpy she is, and I'm starting to think things might go alright.







Unceremoniously plopped into the bath (what, no candles? No lavendar?)







Flung on a towel.









Stomped upon like so many grapes (BTW I kept the camera strap in these pics on purpose to add dramatic effect. Mmm hmm. I did. I wasn't half delerious from my adventures in babysitting. No way.










Then, the Fiber Fairy came. (I left her an offering of Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby)







She is now a sea of lace, which I will wear on the red carpet that is story time at the public library tomorrow. I promise I'll take some decently lit photos tomorrow as well (tomorrow, and tomorrow and tomorrow, blah blah!) For those who might wonder, the DH thinks my Kiri looks like the pond behind his folks' house in the summer, which is to say, covered in duckweed. Nice, eh?

5 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Kiri looks absolutely STUNNING!!! Your scalloped edging looks perfect and in that luscious green- so BEAUTIFUL! The Papparazzi won't be able to get enough of you tomorrow on that Red Carpet! ;-) Can't wait to see the modeled shots- gorgeous, gorgeous work! Take care! :-)

11:20 PM  
Blogger klugula said...

At least DH pays attention to your projects. My other half returns home, requesting a beer and pork rinds. No clue or caring about what projects I've been working on. ;)

5:15 AM  
Blogger Mamma said...

In my house tomorrow doesn't mean the actual next day, but just some time in the near future. I'm not sure what I'll do when the kids learn to read a calendar.

5:50 AM  
Blogger jennie said...

it's lovely (especially the color -- nothing like a pond... definitely more like a meadow!) can't wait to see it on.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Ooh, Kiri is beautiful! Looking forward to seeing it on! Lovely color.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com