Friday, February 24, 2006

Never Say Never... Again

As in "I'm never ripping this cardigan back again." Yeah, that's right, I got the fronts done and the armscyes ended up being about 3-4" longer than their corresponding backs. Rippit, rippit, rippit. Reknit last night, and now all is well. It's probably for the best that I've had to redo a lot on this, as there are some projects I'm waiting to hear back on, and it keeps me from obsessing (too much) on when that might happen. On to the sleeves. I swatched up the lace I want to run up the sleeves. Any opinions?
This is the wrong side. I pinned it out and started shooting away without thinking, but, I kind of like it, and it might stand out more against stockinette and complement the seed stitch. Yes? No? Just knit the damn sleeves already, you weirdo?

This is the right side. Also nice, looks

a bit more polished, perhaps? Yes? No? Put down the crack and finish already?





While I've been working on all this black, the girls have been asking for yarn for hats and scarves. So, we went to the "Yarn Store" (I use that term VERY LOOSELY) and each girl chose some yarn. Ah, to be 3 again! Here's what they chose:
Ilsa's favorite color is orange. She will inform anyone and everyone of this fact at any time. It's her current obsession. And when she says orange, she means ORANGE!!
Zoe chose the variegated sample on the left, which I actually really like. It looks, well, kind of delicious and juicy for some reason. See what I mean? Anyway, they have been having fun "knitting" with their new yarn, and have let me keep the lion's share to actually make some hats and, perhaps, scarves for them. Anyone have any ideas for patterns? I'm open to suggestions!

3 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

I really like that lace pattern for the sleeves! The wrong side looks kind of cool, but I think I prefer the right side. I don't know, though... since it's in black, maybe the wrong side would help the lace to stand out more. I think either way would look great, actually. ;-) My best friend loves traffic cone orange, too, so I hear you on your daughter's choice. ;-) Worsted weight socks might be fun, or even little shrugs (like on Glampyre). Take care and have a great weekend, Lisa! :-)

1:37 PM  
Blogger klugula said...

I wish I could tell you a cool pattern for the scarves. But...I can't. I do so love orange though. And the multicolored yarn looks like rainbow sherbet (minus the lime). So yes, it does look appetizing. I just came back from the store. Some rainbow sherbet would have been nice. But it's too late now. Thanks alot Liza!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

I vote yes on the lace sleeves. I like. :)

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com