Sunday, February 05, 2006

Well, Whaddaya Know!?

I'm actually flexible and disciplined enough to give myself a swift kick in the, well, you know what! Setting myself on a strict ration of actually accomplishing something (one lace repeat) on the white socks per day, I have reached the heel flap and am 1/3 of the way through that. These will be off my needles within days! Hooray! My mom accused me of turning into a yarn snob due to my disdain for working on these. Not true. (I did knit Josephine out of doubled Red Heart, after all!) This yarn is just icky. It sticks to itself and is rough and makes centered double decreases a dreaded chore! Blech! But, the socks will look good, and I will wear them.

Since I didn't have the chart for the socks memorized, I also got to get some work on Kiri done. I'd done so many repeats of chart two that I didn't even need to look at it anymore, which made it a lot more portable. Anyway, it has been a real struggle lately to get the girls down for their nap, and I found myself getting angry with them when I would just lie down with them, so I discovered that if I just sit in the rocking chair in their room and knit, I stay calm and they settle down and sleep sooner. I did the 12th repeat (thanks, Candsmom! Your Kiri photos and the hard work and determination I know you put into it really inspired me) and am now 1/2 way through the edging.

No pictures today, but keep on the lookout for a couple of FOs in the near future!

2 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

You knit like the wind! I'm so amazed at how quickly you're finishing those socks and Kiri. And with toddler TWINS?! Hello!! Major high-five to you on that one- you're awesome! I need to try your trick to get my daughter down for her nap. I get upset, too, because I end up wasting so much time laying next to her, when I could be knitting, instead. Can't wait to see your Kiri!!! Take care! :-)

12:50 AM  
Blogger Mamma said...

You made Josephine? I love that pattern. How was the double redheart? Tell all. I've only avoided that pattern since I can't afford the yarn.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com