Thursday, March 30, 2006

Is Bazillion a real number?

If so, I have experienced it. I huddled by the window (natural light is our friend, especially when working in black) this morning and picked up the stitches for Skippy's buttonband. I didn't count. I don't think I want to know. All I can say is, I joined my three longest cables from my set of Denises, and I still can't get the thing to lay flat! That's a lot of stitches, my friends! One row takes me 20 minutes to half an hour, and I'm pretty quick for a thrower. I have marked out centers for the buttonholes, which will be coming up right soon, now. I just don't have the energy right now to swatch buttonholes and see what will fit the selected buttons. There is still the problem of the sleeve caps; which, to be honest, are too hideous for public viewing (someone might have small children in the room and I wouldn't want to be responsible for scarring them for life, dooming them to an irrational fear of really badly shaped sleeve caps. I just couldn't live with myself.) If you need a mental picture, think Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster. Now, picture the top of his head. Try to somehow fit that shape into an otherwise decent sweater. Do you see now why I've got my flippers, noseplug and waterwings on, ready to plunge once more into the frog pond? Yup. If I don't come up after about 45 seconds, send someone in after me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mamma said...

Bazillion is most definately a real number. I've told my kids to pick up their toys a bazillion times each day.
The sweater is looking great. Your friend is very lucky to have you working so hard for her.

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com