Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Just as Soon as I Get Out of the Bathroom!

Just as soon as I get out of the bathroom, I will write an entry all about:

How I finished the Baby Kimono and found a really sweet organza ribbon for the closure.

How I've been secretly knitting away on a pair of Jaywalkers for the Sockamonthalong, 2 at a time on 2 circs, how I didn't enjoy this knit how my own frugality bit me in the a$$ yet again since I thought I'd use up some self-striping yarn from the S.O.S. and discovered halfway through that they were from (noticably) different dyelots and my first attempt at making identical socks was horribly doomed from the start! Oh, well, Ilsa took time out from her knitting to admire them.

How Zigzag lives again, and is a much easier, more pleasant knit in wool!

What I will tell you is that I have now seen the inside of just about every public restroom in Pueblo. I know that this is a good thing, as Zoe is now completely diaper free, and Ilsa is making great progress as well. I also know that the fact that they have to see every public restroom on Earth is payback, as I was the same way as a young child. The only difference is that I get double what my mom got! I'm sure she's loving that! So, just as soon as I get out of the bathroom, I will post something more knit related.




7 Comments:

Blogger Pyewacket said...

1. The baby kimono? Absolutely precious. To the point that I'm re-thinking my disdain for garter stitch.

2. Little ones "knitting" = Too Cute

3. Are you disliking 2 socks at once, or the Jaywalkers pattern? I'm keen to try 2 on 2, but I secretly don't get the Jaywalker craze (sshhhh!).

4.... I forgot. Oh well. Enjoy the bathrooms. :-)

3:05 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your baby kimono is so sweet! I love the organza ribbon you used! I had the hardest time finding ribbon for the kimono I made for my friend, so I ended up using some cheapy ribbon that kind of ruined the whole effect. Your socks look fantastic!! I really can't see any difference between the two- they look beautiful to me! Zigzag looks wonderful as well and your girls are too cute! Isn't it amazing how much time we spend in the bathroom with them, LOL? Take care, Lisa! :-)

4:00 PM  
Blogger klugula said...

I'm going to use that phrase for my everyday life. Here are some examples...

"Just as soon as I get out of the bathroom; I'll get a job."

"Just as soon as I get out of the bathroom; I'll make something of my life."

"Just as soon as I get out of the bathroom; I'll water the plants."

"Just as soon as I get out of the bathroom; I'll do the laundry."

Hey, this is fun, and easy. No one can fault you for being in the bathroom; can they?

8:32 AM  
Blogger lexa said...

Nice Jays! I haven't tried this pattern yet (probably one of few who hasn't!), but I do have some yarn set aside for a pair.

Great job!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Beth Roy said...

I love your baby kimono. I knit that pattern too and really liked it. I think the hardest part was finding the right ribbon! Your Jaywalkers are wonderful as well, and your daughter is too cute! How do you get all that knitting done?

4:47 AM  
Blogger sillyewe said...

That is the cutest sock modeling picture I have ever seen. And I have to say, I really think the Jaywalkers turned out very nice. :0)

6:51 AM  
Blogger gerbera said...

your baby kimono is gorgeous. I have stopped mine and need to start all over as I kept forgetting to slip the first stitch and the edges looked raggy. I'm going to get it out and get started again after seeing yours.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com