Thursday, April 20, 2006

Oh, okay then...

I really didn't need that sock yarn anytime this century. No, really. Taking almost two weeks to process my order and then, only after I pester you, letting me know that it will SHIP one or two weeks from today is fabulous customer service. Really. Oh, wait. What's that smell? Is it sarcasm? Nooo... It's you, lousy yarn store! You stink! I want my damn yarn already! Don't make me drive out there and beat it out of you! (I need to move somewhere with a LYS. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous)

In happier news, Skippy is now really motivated to learn to knit, since I pointed her in the direction of Big Girl Knits. I am seriously so very glad that this book is out now. I am not a large woman, myself, but I have several in my life and I really get upset when I see what's available (or not) for larger women to wear or knit or whatever. I'm just so glad to see some patterns out there that aren't dumpy or frumpy or just plain dumb looking, and the fact that the book aknowledges that not all larger women are shaped the same is fantastic as well. What really excites me, though, is Skippy's reaction after her perusal of the book's website. I really want to suck her into the world of knitting! I've gotten her to confront her wool phobia, which was a big start, now let's see if I can get her to pick up the sticks and cast on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com