Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Stop the Insanity!!!!

First of all, thanks, Klugula for reminding me of our good friends Susan and Richard. Always a good pair for pulling one back from the brink, as you know, "One piece of fried chicken equals 500 baked potatoes!!!"

Thusly, one row of cotton on size 2's equals most of a wool sweater on size 5's. Zigzag is now almost a vest, and the Prairie Tunic is now almost a nice, wide, macrame belt. The lace pattern for this tank is kind of nice in its simplicity, though.





Then there's the problem of this:
Which I really like the color of and can't decide what to make from it. So, gentle reader, should it be this, or this, or, perhaps something else entirely? Chime in with your opinion, and I will knit the popular vote winner (unless I like the winner of the electoral college better ;))! See your voice make a difference in the life of another knitter! Vote now in the comments, a winner will be decided at the exact moment I completely lose my mind and cast on for another project (or, after Zigzag and THE CARDIGAN have been dealt with to full completion. Yeah, I still need to put the sleeves in. Sheesh!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Pyewacket said...

I love the tanks you're knitting! They look like what I want to wear this summer but am too lazy to knit. :-p

Um, I like the neckline of the magknits pattern better, but I'm concerned about the placement of some of the lace. And the center cables look kind of drunken. Maybe a modification or two?

4:04 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I REALLY like Calla a lot and want to make it, but I have this fear that the columns of eyelets are placed in such a way to maximize the possibility that my wearing it would result in nipple exposure. Because let's face it, there's no wearing an undergarment with that. Perhaps this is what Pyewacket was getting at but was too delicate to mention. LOL!
I don't really like the top half of Honeymoon Cami much, though.

My vote is for Calla. I may be casting on for this soon myself, against my better instincts, because I am in the mood for cables.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

what with all the mention of "exposure" I'd vote Honeymoon cami;)but the patterns on Calla or soo pretty.

7:17 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

I vote for Calla, too. Just get a little camisole or spaghetti-strap tank to wear under it. I'd never wear anything knitted over bare breasteses myself, anyway!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com