Friday, April 28, 2006

Subtle, no? No!


Here is the first bicolor unity sock. I'm not in love with the colorwork, but I knew that going in. The plan now is to make these relatively short in the ankle, 1" ribbing, then another 3-4" tops before the heel flap. I'm a bit out of practice on the two handed colorwork, so I think it looks a bit wonky, but I'm not sure if that's just me. If I had the luxury of time and these were for me, I'd knit them at a tighter gauge, but if I continue as is, I should be able to get all three pair done in a timely fashion. If I'm honest with myself, they do look just right for "Teacherware" I mean, nothing stands out under an embellished denim jumper like black on hot pink! (I can say that because I was a teacher, and, yes, if you look in my closet, they are still there. Jumpers. Wanna make somethin' of it? Do ya, punk?)

Tried on the blocked Zigzag sleeve and it fits like a dream. Lovely. Someday, it will have a mate, too. But first, back to the socks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Acornbud said...

Pretty color. Looking forward to the finished product.

11:07 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Power to the people, yo! I love revolutionary knitting.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com