Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Soon to be available in Unleaded!

For anyone who cares, the workers are now here digging up the yard, removing the super duper lead contaminated soil. We will soon be able to bring the girls out there and also not worry about tracking lead into the house from outside! Yeah! In other lead news, the siding (you know, the siding that got started in October?) STILL ISN'T DONE!! There remain 2 windows to be wrapped, and about 15 ft of fascia to be done. They have been called. And called. And called. Hmph!

And, in totally random news, I cut my hair. Or, rather, I had the DH do it. Every 10 years or so, I get a wild hair in my craw and decide to cut it all off. So we did. 1" clipper attachment. Ilsa misses my "Mommy Hair" but likes to play with the new 'do. Or "don't." Whatever. Forgive the weird photo. It's a self-portrait since everyone else in the house is taking a little Siesta. Ole!

3 Comments:

Blogger klugula said...

I like the short look. Plus, w/ all of the lead leaking from the ground when they pull your yard up, it would have fallen out anyway. I'm not wrong am I? Actually, I do like the short look for real!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

So frustrating working with construction people. Hope they show up soon.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Cute 'do! Very summer-appropriate.

Um, how did your soil get contaminated? More to the point, how did you discover this? My house is very old, and although I watch out for broken glass when the kids play outside, I never thought to watch out for lead poisoning...

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com