Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Teacher Appreciation Day

Yesterday was "Teacher Appreciation Day" here in our local school district, which of course meant that administrators handed out non-renew slips and involuntary transfers. They did not choose to do so in a discreet manner, either. Teachers were served with their slips in the hallways, in their classrooms in front of students, anywhere. Further affirming my belief that we need to get out of here. It just makes me sick.

I did finish the first pair of Unity socks. I'm still not in love with them, I liked the originals better, but I am a texture lovin' gal! The next two pair will be done in a tighter gauge, though. These are for someone with wider feet/ankles than I, so they should be alright. These are my May socks for the Sock-a-Month-a-Long. I hope to get the other two pair done before the end of May, since my personal goal for this KAL was to have no repeats for credit (if I get 'em done in May, they will be brownie point socks) and no just plain old socks. So far, so good!

All the residents of Chez Bitter have been fighting "The Virus" over the last week. It seems to be abating slightly, the DH is back at work, I can eat again, and the girls have actually been playing and eating a little bit. Things were pretty bleak for a while, though.

And, in lead news, the people who dug out the leaded soil managed to 1) break off one of the cleanout caps for the sewer line and let it just fall in with no attempt to retrieve it, 2) replace the cap without informing us what had happened, 3) BURY the cleanout caps, and 4) crush the line in two places by repeatedly driving over it with heavy equipment. Somebody's gonna pay, and it ain't us!

2 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Welcome to the Croc knitalong! :) Love the Unity socks, btw.
--Amanda

12:35 PM  
Blogger klugula said...

Feel better family!

I've got some mob connections if the lead fixers don't...well, you know, "take care of it". Y'know?

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com