Friday, June 09, 2006

The Dead Vulture Demasked

One of the days that Skippy and Barb were visiting, we took a little trip to the mall (home of 4 Footlockers! Okay, one was closing, but there were seriously FOUR WHOLE Footlocker stores in our dinky little mall. One Kids', one Lady, and two just regular old Footlockers. The mind boggles...) and on our way home, after introducing Skippy to the much touted Sonic Cherry-Limeade (yum!) we went driving through town and passed a lot of stuff I don't normally see (if it ain't the library or the grocery store, chances are I haven't been there in a while) one of which was a little barber shop, which solicited from Skippy a reaction of, "What's with the dead vulture?"

I wasn't looking, so I couldn't tell her. She elaborated, "It looked like a tidy enough barber shop, but then there's this ... thing ... hanging from the ceiling of the porch and it looks like a dead vulture! What's up with that?"

I passed the same way today, making sure to drive slowly by the barber shop and get a good look.

Chiles, Skippy. It's chiles strung up to dry. It is not some weird mafia warning to carrion birds to steer clear. It's just chiles. Not really as exciting as a dead vulture, I know, but that's what it is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Sonic... yum. Their limeade really is the greatest thing ever.

Sadly, no Sonic in NE Ohio.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Hahahaha!

Okay, I'm normally the sweet, non-violent type, but I always get a laugh when I see vulture roadkill. You know, they were snacking on an armadillo and didn't get out of the way of Bubba's pickup in time. Such delicious irony.

Okay, I just put "delicious" and "vulture roadkill" in the same paragraph. I may need professional help.

7:00 AM  
Blogger klugula said...

Don't lie. It WAS a dead vulture. You just don't want to make the Coloradians look too weird. There's no hiding it, so don't try it. I'm sorry, was that offensive?

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com