Thursday, August 24, 2006

Knitting for Twins

Is like shoveling the walk while it's still snowing.* I finished Ilsa's orange sweater. There's major striping.

She loves it, of course.

I get the feeling that I am raising some future knitters, as, once the last stitch was knit, Ilsa kept pestering me to weave in the ends because she wanted to help me block it. "When we gonna bock my sweater?"

Zoe, who outgrew her sweater about 20 minutes after it dried, has selected yarn for its replacement. She keeps telling my mom on the phone, "I outgrew my blue sweater. My green sweater is still yarn." How's that for motivation?

The lace is finished. I'm holding off on blocking it, though. Blocking lace just does something to lift one's spirits, and I think I may be in need of some lifting once the Fair posts results.

On a lighter note, I got some prize yarn from SAM1:

Do you see the HOT ORANGE hiding in there? Ilsa is in absolute love. Little sockies, here we come! Should be enough for two pair. Luckily, their feet don't grow as fast as the rest of them!

*Paraphrased from the late great Irma Bombeck.

2 Comments:

Blogger klugula said...

The other half and I just about died when we read Zoe's comment about "the green sweater still being yarn". Awesome. You've got a comedian in the making. Beware!

5:03 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Yes, "my green sweater is still yarn" is so precious! :)

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com