Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Overhaulin' or: I'm a Stranger Here Myself

So I decided it was time for a new look for the blog. The Polka Dots were driving me a bit batty, so we'll see how a cleaner template works out. I am not a genius at HTML, so it's been slow going, but there are more changes to come. Most notably, I plan to archive details on FO's that have previously just been pictured with no details. We'll see when I actually get to that!

The lace is blocked:

And Sockie #1 is almost done!


Flower Basket Shawl by Evelyn Clark
Yarn: Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Mist (thanks, Chrissy!) and Sunshine. One skein each.
Needles: Size 7 Denises
Modifications: None, really, except that I used two colors throughout. I really like the effect this gives to the piece overall (not that you can tell with the fabumbulous lighting in the photos, sorry!) This was my first time knitting alpaca, and I must say that I really enjoyed it. I used this project as a "treat" after finishing the second (of now three) cotton cardigan for the girls. Mercerized cotton is hard on my hands, so this was a nice, relaxing, soothing knit! And, yes, I know I shouldn't take photos in a cave, but the flash was really messing with the colors and I'll take some better pics tomorrow. I promise!

2 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Beautiful shawl! (and cute sockie)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Oh, gosh that's pretty! How on EARTH do you knit lace shawls with twin kidlets around??? Much less all your other gorgeous FOs...

Like the new blog look. I was confused for a minute as to where I was, but I got it figured out! ;-)

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com