Friday, September 08, 2006

Rockin' My Ever-Lovin' Socks Off!

Today, my doorbell rang, and it was my all-time favorite doorbell ringer, Anthony, my mailman. I love when he rings the doorbell, because it usually means one thing. Yarn. Today was no exception. I got the yarn for an upcoming test/sample knit for the ever more prolific Chrissy. That I was expecting. She had mentioned that there would be another "little something" tucked in along with the yarn as a thank you for the editing I've been doing for her. Little something, indeed!
That is the Full Set of Knit Picks Options interchangeables! I honestly don't know what to say other than Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You! This is so much more than I ever expected! I am truly overcome! What a treat to get something this cool for doing something I love (Yep. I really do love tech editing. It's a disease.) So, in case I didn't make myself clear, Thank You, Chrissy!

I've been up to a few little somethings, myself. First up: Sockies!
These were made with the surprise yarn I won from SAM 1.
Pattern: Uh, cast on 52, work orange stripes in k2 p2 checkerboard, rest of leg in k2 p2 rib, eye of partridge heel flap, standard stockinette foot, etc.
Needles: US size 0, Inox circs
Verdict: Ilsa says there's not enough orange (she's a bit obsessed).


Matchy-matchy stripes!
And SAM2 September credit!



Next up is a hat comissioned by my friend Barb's daughter. She chose the yarn (Lion Boucle) and I hope she likes the hat. It should fit.

Here it is on a similarly sized child's head. Should keep that Minnesota chill out!

I'm finally making my mom's socks. I was going to make her Pomatomii, but this yarn (Lorna's Laces) wasn't taking to the pattern all that well, so I decided to make something up.

What do you think? I think it's all coming together nicely. I am loving the LL, never used it before, and the colorway is so lovely and soothing (but what's up with the name? Buck's Bar? What's that supposed to mean?)

On deck is the hat for Barb's other daughter. She, also chose her own yarn. Ah, Fun Fur. It will be a-flyin' soon!

6 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Nice FO's. And the KnitPicks needles. . . wowza! :) The Lorna's is really beautiful--I have no idea about the name, though. Weird. :)

9:00 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

You are so welcome, sweetheart! I'm planning to keep them (and you) busy, believe me! Hee hee!

12:47 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

Great matching socks! The hat is cute, too!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Teri.p said...

Love the socks... And congrats on the needle score!

8:34 AM  
Blogger klugula said...

I LOVE the furry yarn. Is that crazy to work with? It's all daunting to an outsider anyway, but Lord, the fur scares me...a lot.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool socks! I'm totally blown away by people who come up with their own patterns.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com