Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Bozo Called: He Wants His Hair Back

Or: Something Fun Fur This Way Comes! A spooky Halloween tale! We had a cold snap here the last couple of days, which was just enough motivation to (finally) make that orange and yellow Fun Fur into a hat for the darling little girl who chose the yarn. It started out as could be expected, Muppet Tube.Believe me, I know a thing or two about Muppets! Then came the part where I decided to gild the lily a bit and add some fancy shortrowing that might never show up amidst all the furry fluff.I think it might have paid off.
What do you think?
The thing about these hats is that they are incredibly stretchy and therefore, tough to size, so though the thing fits me, it will most likely fit its intended as well, and bring a ray of sunshine to those cold Minnesota winter days.
On the Socktober front, Mom's socks are to the gussets, which I lost count on picking up the first one and now am stalled on whether to go back and keep track this time, or just pick up the second gusset and fudge my way through. That's the thing with knitting socks without a pattern, I always lose track at one point or another!
More non furry knitting to come!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pyewacket said...

Bwahaha! Awesome hat. I love the sunburst on the top... is that from the short rows?

Pretty socks -- I like the texture.

6:26 PM  
Blogger klugula said...

I LOVE the hat! I would kill to see that being worn about on the streets. It's so original and colorful. Nice work, lady! :)

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh - I saw the yarn and the title and spit a little water out my nose!

5:25 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Oh, good grief, girl! Now I wish I was going back to MN this winter so I could look around for it...

I also have to say, it's totally you - are you going to make one for yourself now?

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com