Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Socktoberfest Questionnaire

  • When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class? I started making socks shortly after my daughters were born, so about 3 years ago. The Christmas I was pregnant, my mom made socks for everyone as gifts. I thought they were really cool, and so she sent me yarn, needles and the Ann Norling basic sock pattern...
  • What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time? My first pair were blue marled "ragg" socks in DK weight. I ran out of yarn and ended up having to do the toes in a different yarn. I rarely wear them, because they are so thick, and have become a bit short for my foot.
  • What would you have done differently? Well, I wouldn't have run out of yarn (that's given me a bit of a complex) and I would have made them longer, or been more careful washing them (the cuff and foot have slightly felted, not so much with the toes...)
  • What yarns have you particularly enjoyed? I'm using Lorna's Laces Shephard Sock for the first time for some socks for my mother, and am loving it in every aspect!
  • Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method? I taught myself the 2 circ method this year and am pretty sold on it. For some reason, it just goes more quickly, I think.
  • Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?) I'm a flapper all the way (so far...)
  • How many pairs have you made? In total? I think 20... For myself? Four. I think I need to do something about that...

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

i think everyone is pretty gung-ho about their own preferred method of knitting socks...but i have to say i agree that 2 circs/magic loop seems to go faster. fewer joins = less fiddling. :)

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com