Thursday, January 11, 2007

10 (knitting) Things About Me

  1. I don't like bobbles. I think they look nipply and sad.
  2. I don't like textured yarn. I think that my stash reflects that immeasurably.
  3. I never buy yarn, "just because." I always have a project in mind before I buy.
  4. Except sock yarn. That kind of follows me home.
  5. I find knitting lace soothing.
  6. I find blocking lace beyond soothing. Sometimes I knit lace just so I can block it when I'm feeling crummy.
  7. I don't like hearts. Despite this fact, of the three items I have designed and knit, two of them featured hearts.
  8. I like a lot of fiddle farting around in my knitting. If it's "mindless" why bother?
  9. I will knit anything from anything for a friend (there are a lot of eyelash hats floating around out there that illustrate my point beautifully!).
  10. I learned to knit on circulars, and to this day, I don't really see the point of straight needles.
There. For what it's worth, I thought this would be fun. I think I stole this meme from Grumperina. I hereby tag anyone who comes across this. Let me know if you do it, 'cause I'm nosy that way!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Acornbud said...

I'm with you on the bobbles. They look good on other people and they can keep knitting them...they just seem like a waste of time to me;)

6:53 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Glad to see you back! I think we're all slowly making our way out from under the holidays. *grin*
I'm the same way about buying yarn--I've got to have an idea of what I'm going to knit. Otherwise, I can't imagine how much yarn I'd have. (It's pretty crazy as it is!)

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've snagged this meme and added it to my blog.

http://knittingladybug.blogspot.com

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com