Friday, January 12, 2007

What Was That About the Hearts, Again?

Well, the scarf is done. I think it turned out kinda cute, after all. Hopefully, it will lure people into taking my class. We'll see.












I think I went a little overboard cutting fringe. This is my "leftover pile."

A bit much, no? I figure I can donate it to a student in need, provided they choose the same colors for their scarf.

And now, for Agent Mulder's dream come true.
I have more UFO's than Roswell hanging out here, so I thought I'd share some photos. I'll post updates as they get finished up. Skippy claims the "Year of the Unfinished Project" has wiggle room, but I know myself enough to know that I mustn't cast on for any more personal projects until these (and others, see sidebar for full disclosure) are out of my hair.

Exhibit A: Zoe's green sweater. This sweater was first mentioned August 24, was cast on for sometime in November, and has been languishing, sleeveless, for quite some time.
Since snapping this photo, I have completed one sleeve and knit about 1 1/2 inches on the second sleeve.







Exhibit B: Icarus. I'm still on the stockinette columns, and so have a tendency to get a bit bored with this one, dreaming of the day I'll have to yet again pick up the chart.

Exhibit C: Socks for Zoe. These are a "guilt knit" borne of my seeming inability to get the green sweater done, already, and Zoe's simple request at one of the LYSes I dragged her to over vacation to, "knit me some socks, Momma." Heel #1 has been turned. I am lucky she is fond of short socks.

Exhibit D: Swallowtail Shawl for my grandmother. I am 3 repeats shy of switching over to the Lily of the Valley charts. And the nupps. Yup. Glad I have those sharp Knitpicks needles!


I might have made more progress on these today except for one very exciting thing: I went to work today! I am helping out on Saturdays at the LYS. I had a blast, and picked up another shop sample project to do. The Estonian Garden Lace Wrap (scarf version). More lace! Woo hoo!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Acornbud said...

That's a lot of projects in progress. The illusion scarf with heart is very nice, might have to put that on the todo list.

8:22 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I think the illusion scarf turned out great! Things like that are even more important for customers to see a finished product ('cause illusion is so cool) if they're going to sign up for the class.
I need to make this the year of the UFO, too. *sigh* So much to do, so little time! :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Mamma said...

That illusions scarf is really cool. It should lure some students.

I too have too many ufos hanging about. I keep each one in a separate project bag. This weekend I cast on for a new project only to realize I'm out of bags. I need to either sew another bag or for the love of all that's good finish something.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

What sweet scarves!

Your UFOs are all going to be gorgeous. Now hurry up an knock out some of them Us!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Skippy said...

We're doing well so far I believe! I finished four (small) things this weekend, and tonight I'm cleaning up the sewing room in anticipation of a boon there. Wouldn't it be awesome if our Year of the Unfinished Project was all over in March!? Good Job!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Skippy said...

I forgot to mention, but I love, love, love Zoe's sweater with the greens. LOVE it!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com