Monday, February 26, 2007

Coming Up for Air

Well, the set-in-stone-do-or-die deadline has been met, and now I have a couple more projects that need doing, but they have much friendlier time constraints, and they are things I can actually show you! I'm working up a couple of solid colored sock samples for Gardiner Yarn Works. As I look at what I've got done so far, I really think these will help sell the patterns. Chrissy really does come up with some gorgeous stuff, and I think the solid yarn will really highlight that. For instance, wouldn't you love to knit this:

(front) (back)
I get to, and the sooner I finish it, the sooner the pattern Succulent Socks will be available here. Note that I'm actually using DPN's again for the first time in about a year. I just needed to prove to myself I still could, and now I can't remember why exactly I was avoiding them. Silly.

Stuff for the shop is progressing nicely as well. The curlicue is about 1/3 done and I brought home some SWS to knit up a little Edgar, which should be done later today.

As for selfish knitting, the Klapotis is nearing completion of the increase rows, I have worked through the entire color progression in this colorway and so far found only one knot, which was easy enough to untie and spit-splice. And yes, the blue really is that electric. It makes me smile!

My finishing class went very well. I had great students who were eager to learn, and I think I sent them away with enough new knowledge to allow them to finish a project without fear, so that's good. Now, to figure out what to teach the cabling class!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger knittinmom said...

Wow, the socks look awesome! I'm glad I decided to solidify them. Your other projects are looking lovely as well - where do you find the time?

1:33 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Wow, everything looks great! Doesn't that SWS make a great Edgar? :)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Ooh, I love that Noro colorway! You got so many pretty projects underway.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com