Friday, February 09, 2007

Pining

If you sit down and talk to me for long enough, you will be regaled with tales of my desire to return to Minnesota. Yes, I've been pining for the land of 10,000 lakes almost since the day we left, almost 5 years ago. Life in Colorado has brought some great things into our life, don't get me wrong (two beautiful children come to mind), it's just that we are so very far away from family and (until recently) all of my friends (hi, Emily!).

This summer, upon preparing to again leave Minnesota after an extended visit, grand schemes were hatched, bold declarations were made, and grit was steeled. This will be the year. We will come home. If only it were that easy. If only deciding on a thing could make it so.

The DH has applied for a job in Minnesota, a job I know he can do, and in a field he is beyond passionate about. Now, we wait. We wait, and worry, and wish. I just want to be home.

Sorry for the mope, but any positive thoughts, vibes, whatever, would be welcome and appreciated.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

*fingers crossed*

2:02 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Here's wishin' and hopin':)

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a little prayer for you guys to return to the place you want to be. Now, what can you do for me? :) Oh, all right. This one's on me. BTW, I got the Christmas card I sent to you; returned mail. What's going on?

Hmmm... some sort of conspiracy.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Mamma said...

I'm hoping for you. I so need 2007 to be the year of good things for everyone I know.

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck! I know how it feels to be far from friends and family. I hope all your plans work out!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com