Monday, March 05, 2007

Reason #5,486,921

Why I love my mom:

She sent me a pair of fingerless mitts for Valentine's Day, which was a true motherly gesture. I have chronically cold hands and feet unless it's the height of summer. She then made a pair for herself, and from the leftover yarn, she made Zoe and Ilsa each a pair. They arrived on Saturday, and, honestly, they are just about the cutest, most silly little things I've ever seen. The girls love them, of course.












I finished the Succulent Sock. I think it turned out gorgeous. The pattern should be available very soon here.
I tried to get some good angles so you can see what a really beautiful sock this is. Everyone who's seen it in person has gone completely gaga over it, so the pattern should sell well, especially since the photos for the pattern won't be my personal exploration of contortionism!



Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

The socks look great! I don't know what it is about socks, but I do love knitting them.

That was very sweet of your mom, too. :)

5:31 AM  
Blogger Colorado Fiber Arts said...

Well, those are about the cutest darn fingerless gloves I've ever seen!! What a mom/grandma!

Great job on the socks! Contortionisim and all!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Add me to the gaga list -- that is one stunning sock!

What a wonderful grandma. :)

7:10 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

I love your family picture!
The socks are really beautiful. Count me ga;)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Very cute fingerless gloves - I love how the little girls each have a pair of their own. I have chronically cold hands as well (and not helped by typing on a keyboard ad infinitum...)

By the way, you are number 100 :)

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com