Friday, March 16, 2007

Socky Love

Autumn in Oregon is done. Sigh. It really is a lovely sock. This one, since it is not for me to keep, is a titch short for my foot, but I crammed it in to show off the loveliness. I really may have to make a pair of these for myself, someday. But for now, it's off to the Post Office along with the Succulent sock. May they serve their purpose well!

Let's just take a moment to take a closer look, shall we?


I think this is the kind of sock I might design if I were the type to do that kind of thing, but right now, I'm happy to be needles and red pen for hire and let others come up with the blueprints. It's enough for me to watch it all come together off my needles, or picture it coming together (and how it could go wrong, and how to fix that, exactly) in my head, you know?


I finally sat down (stood up, actually, hard to use a drop spindle when you're sitting) and plied my singles from that spinning class. Some sections look really even and quite nice.














Others, well, in the immortal words of wacky Vincent Libretti when defending his recycled monstrosity of a dress last season on Project Runway, are, "very artsy." Honestly, who refers to themselves as artsy, anyway? The word artsy should be reserved only for use in conjunction with the word fartsy.

Last pictured is a particularly fartsy section, "Where the Twit meets the Slub." But, it's a two ply hand spun yarn made by me. I was surprised at how much yardage I ended up with after just a three hour class. I might just have to try this again!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Acornbud said...

Very wonderful socks. You definitely need a pair for you:) I am amazed at your yarn. I have yet to try plying.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Those socks are amazing. And hooray for spinning! That looks way cool.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com