Thursday, March 08, 2007

Who's Grazing in My Backyard?

The other day, Skippy and I had a conversation that she deemed, "...the first in a series of conversations that will end with you having sheep in your backyard." What caused this pronouncement? I had shared with her that I was going to take a spinning class.

I made yarn (sort of)

And here it is:











I admit, I'm a bit drafting disabled. I blame the death-grip I maintained on the rolog. I was trying so hard not to get too many fibers together that I ended up "drafting" Great Clumps of Wool.

I think I'd be better with some practice, but I've got a few other things on my plate right now...








Like this:

Another Gardiner Yarn Works sock, solid version. This one, too, is going to be soo pretty! If you're already intrigued, go buy the pattern! It's the Autumn in Oregon sock. Go ahead. Go buy it. I'll wait...

In the biggest news of 2007 thus far, the DH has an interview for that other position in Minnesota. On my birthday. Happy Birthday to me. Actually, I view this as an auspicious coincidence. What a birthday present that would be, eh? The door back home opening wide. Please keep us in your thoughts on March 20, especially around 11:30-1:00 Central Time.

ETA: Just realized! Yesterday was my two year Bloggiversary!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Happy belated Blogiversary! :)

5:38 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Happy Blogiversary! Amazing how time flies. I am a bit drafting impaired also. I keep at it though, because it is fun:)

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com