Saturday, April 28, 2007

Passing the Hat

First, thank you, thank you, thank you for all the kind comments on Icarus!

Now, on to more serious matters...
The shop I work at, Colorado Fiber Arts, is having a Rock-A-Thon on May 12 to benefit Warm the World, a wonderful charity that provides handcrafted items (hats, blankets, scarves, you name it) to those in need. Rockers are collecting sponsors, and all the items created on that day will be donated to Warm the World, as well as all the funds raised. I'm doing my part to get the word out, but, seeing as I will probably be helping in other capacities that day, I cannot rock or collect sponsors. I can, however, put a call out to all of you out there reading this to knit (or crochet) a washable 4" square and mail it to the shop:

Colorado Fiber Arts
121 Broadway
Pueblo, CO 81004

with a little note with your name and, "Lisa sent me." I'd love to see how far this can reach, as I know most of you are not local to Pueblo! I will put all the names into the proverbial hat and, yes, there will be a prize (TBD, but I promise it won't be from the Stash of Shame) along with the feeling of doing a little bit to help Warm the World fulfill their goal of no one in need going without. Really, how much time does a little 4x4 square (or two, or as many as you want to send!) take? Of course, hats, scarves, etc. are also more than welcome.

Please help spread the word and help our little shop Warm the World this Mother's Day!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the e-mail address on the sidebar.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com