Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Picture This...

So, there are a lot of things I would like to show you (including a real gem of a pattern leaflet find, and a couple of blue FO's), and the powers that be at Kodak have been contacted, so, perhaps by the end of the week.

The DH was not hired for the position he interviewed for. Back to the drawing board with ever-changing game plans. It would be nice if things could just be simple, but we all know they never are, so it's best not to dwell.

It's Official: I am Not Elizabeth Zimmermann (I know, I know, you were sure I was, but, nope!)
I have a great admiration for her innovative and creative contributions to knitting, but, I gotta tell you, I have a current project on the needles that is stockinette in the round and I. Am. So. Bored. I know I've said I like a lot of fiddle-farting around in my knitting, but, it turns out I actually need a lot of fiddle-farting around in my knitting. I need something to be thinking about. I'm knitting around and around and around and around and around and around on this thing and there is absolutely nothing to think about while I knit and knit and knit except that I miss home and I want to move back but now there are some people here that I would just have to sneak into the moving truck because I will miss them if we do end up moving. Do I really need extra time to think about all that? No, I say, I do not. So, it's a good thing the yarn is knitting up to look like a Monet painting, or I'd likely have chucked it across the room by now! Anyone have any suggestions of a pattern with major fiddle-farting that I could reward myself with upon completion of this one?

To ease the grumblemuck of the aforementioned project, and to remedy my pathetic sock drawer, I am working on a pair of Monkey socks in Jitterbug Fire. They are for me, and the first heel is turned with the gusset almost complete. I resisted the call of the Jitterbug for a while, but now that I've actually knit with it, I want to smuggle all of it out of the shop and take it home! I'd suggest you go out and get some, but, honestly, I want it all for myself, so I won't!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Acornbud said...

Sorry about DH not getting the position:(
I agree about the st. stitch. It does get boring. It's good if you have to read subtitles, though.

6:20 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Crud on the job prospect. :P
As for the stockinette, it sounds like a good Cookie A. sock pattern is called for!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com