Monday, June 25, 2007

Flaming Monkeys and Glacial Anastasias


The Monkeys are, indeed, done. And not a bad use for a hank of Jitterbug!
Pattern: Monkey, by Cookie A
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in Fire
Needles: 2.5 mm (US 1.5)
Modifications: Mostly just the heel flap. I have a hard time reconciling a stockinette heel flap; makes me worry the socks will wear out before their time, so I threw in an eye of partridge heel flap on these. I think it works.











Speaking of socks, my Sockapalooooza socks are coming along. I swear this whole sock swap thing is feeding into my neuroses big time. I so want these socks to be special for my pal. So, first I busted out the Trekking, then I decided to do toe-ups with short row toes and heels (I am normally very much a top-down, flap and turn kind of gal). After worry-fest 2007 about how best to bind off, I did a modified tubular bind off which I will be taking out (not stretchy enough to satisfy) but, boy, do I have an idea! This could revolutionize toe-up sock knitting as we know it! Or, it could be something all you toe-uppers already know and just figured was too obvious to go crowing about. Or, it could end up being too big a PITA to bother with. I'll let you know.

Speaking of PITA, see that meager toe up there? See how the completed sock is ever-so-cleverly overlapping said toe? It is concealing a fatal flaw induced by commencing the spiral eyelets at Knit Nite and not paying particular attention to the pattern or my knitting. Ripping commenced mere moments after this photo was taken, and the sock is now back on track.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Acornbud said...

Monkeys are popping up everywhere. I have just the beginning of mine. I love your red. The Anastasias are really beautiful in those colors!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com