Thursday, August 23, 2007

Cleaning House

First and foremost, I got my Sockapalooza socks! Love them! They fit perfectly, and even have a nice deep gusset for my high instep! Thanks again, Emily!


















Then, there's the parade of almost FO's that keeps getting longer. I have made two promises to myself in the vein of all the dejunking I've been doing lately: 1. I will work on one project at a time (plus a sock, socks don't count, right?) so that I finish one big project before starting another.

2. I will be knitting from the stash from here on out. Until I run out of yarn, of course. This is for several reasons, not the least of which is the financial crunch that moving without having sold the house will create. Also, it will help me in my attempt to simplify my life. Not that I'm all that complicated a critter; I'm quite simple, myself (not intellectually speaking, mind you. I can hold my own on that front, thank you!), just a bit "nesty" and cluttered. Trying to nip that in the bud (can one technically nip a habit that spans a full third of a century "in the bud?")
So, the BFD is done, waiting to be blocked, my sister's mittens are knit, fulled, and temporarily on display at the shop, and Skippy's scarf is just waiting for me to stitch the two halves together. This flurry of finishing is a prime example of the effect of project monogamy.

Well, the boxes are calling! One (hopefully) last carload to the donation dropoff, and I'll update once we're settled in the Central Time Zone and the house sells. 'Till then, Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Winter Holiday of your choice, the list goes on, and on, and on...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I'm SO glad you like the socks! I made the instep deep since I know you were worried about them being too tight. At first I had trouble finding patterns without that type of heel, and then I realized I could solve the whole problem by making the flap longer!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com