Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Still

Still haven't sold the house.
Still no FO pictures (I've finished some stuff, most of it has been sent on to the recipient. Some is still here waiting for me to find the gumption to photograph it.)
Still no job. That's the biggy. The house unsold and the lack of consistent employment have really sent me into a downwardly spiraling funk. It all just makes me feel so useless. The DH, when he was really feeling down on himself used to tell me he had no marketable skills. Outside of teaching, that is. He has managed to maintain six consecutive teaching contracts. Me? Not so much. I don't regret for a moment the decision to stay home to raise the girls, but now... Now I can't even be granted an interview for a position I'm filling in for. I know there are always politics at work in hiring, but what does that say about me and my skills? Really? I never pretended the move to Minnesota would be all sunshine and lollipops, but I also never really believed I would still be getting rejected for jobs after 5 months of applications. What the hell is wrong with me, anyway?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Skippy said...

You should take my new job. Really. I hate it. Hate, hate hatey hate hate.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to wonder the same thing about myself! I had been actively looking for a job for about 4 months, sending out resumes every day and applying to jobs I was over-qualified for. I didn't get one interview during those 4 months.

I'm employed now and am at a place where I can see the hiring process. I am truly surprised at the number people that apply for a fairly low-wage job. Most recently, I think about 50 people applied for one position in my department. A person could be one of the top people in the pool of candidates, but still not get the position.

I admit, I haven't read the rest of your blog, but I'm sure you're lack of employment at the moment is not due to a lack of skills. (A wild assumption I've made from looking at your knitting pics.)

If you still feeling down about it, perhaps a revamp of the resume and cover sheet (if the job you are applying to require them) will boost your spirits.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com