Monday, March 12, 2007

The Thing About Socks

I really love a good, handknit sock. I love making them, I love wearing them. At knit nite the other week, everyone around the table was working on socks or handwarmers, it was an impromptu evening of extremities, and someone remarked that I must have a ton of socks (since I love knitting them, and more often than not have one on the needles), and I had to admit it.

I have three pair of handknit socks (and my Jaywalkers are currently MIA, so it's more like two pair). That's all. I had four, but the pair my mom made me years ago have given up the ghost.

I have knit maybe two dozen pair of socks, so there's plenty of sockie love floating around out there, (particularly in the DH's sock drawer) but the fact is, for all the sock knitting I do, I have pitifully little to show for it. I'm not complaining, I just think it's a little odd. Maybe I should make myself a pair of socks, eh?

Just as soon as I finish this:











Autumn In Oregon sock, solid version.
Designed by Chrissy Gardiner
Available for purchase here.

I honestly can't imagine you aren't intrigued by now. This is a really beautiful sock with a bit of unique construction tossed into the mix. I'll be turning the heel shortly and then zooming down the homestretch, hoping to have it in the mail by week's end so it can have its Glamorshots taken!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger knittinmom said...

Nice sock you got there! I am so happy about my decision to have you knit it up for me in solid yarn - it looks so awesome. I love variegated yarns, but sometimes it gets hard to see the pattern for the yarn...

BTW - I totally cracked up at your spinning post. Don't take this the wrong way, but the first thing it made me think of is the wolf ecology class I took in college that had a little section on how to identify various types of scat. Perhaps it's the color of the wool? I doubt a hot pink roving would bring quite the same picture to mind...

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com