Monday, June 18, 2007

Okay, So I'm Not a Photographer

If you've ever wondered why you rarely, if ever see FO pictures modeled by a human body around here (other than socks, anyway), this next series of photos should lay all your queries to rest...

Yup. I'm lousy at taking pictures of myself, and when I hand the camera over to someone else, I immediately become a bit stiff and uncomfortable (that and it's hard to get the DH to focus on the handknits and not try to get all artsy).

Here is Bianca's Jacket from the Fall 2006 Interweave Knits.

Pattern: Bianca's Jacket, by Michele Rose Orne
Yarn: Reynold's Mandalay in (now discontinued) denim.
Needles: US sizes 6, 7, and 8
Modifications: I knit the sleeves as 3/4 instead of full length to a) conserve yarn and b) preserve my sanity, as I would have been dragging them in everything if they were longer.





I do have completed Monkeys to show you, but they are still drying... But, have you seen the new Knitscene? Those green and yellow Ribby Retro Socks were knit by yours truly!

I'll be back with an update on my Sockapalooooza socks (one down, one to go!) and some sweet itty bitty knitting in progress.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Acornbud said...

I can't decide whether to use my Trekking for the spiral lace socks or monkeys. Your sweater really turned out nice. It is a real feat to get good sweater pictures, especially of yourself.

11:59 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Beautiful. I really like this sweater. It turned out lovely on you too.

12:08 PM  
Blogger doulicia said...

Very nice! I have plans to make this (even ordered the exact yarn recommended, which I rarely do). I would not have expected the patterning to show up well in a darker color but it does. Indeed, I wish I had that yarn instead of my light blue...oh well.

Nice job.

And I like the 3/4 length sleeves, too. I will probably adopt this modification for myself.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site counter
www.popularcontacts.com